Assistant Dispensary Manager (Cambridge)TILT HoldingsCambridge, MAView DetailBadge Not RequiredBrand AmbassadorWynkColumbus, OHView DetailBadge Not RequiredPermanentPackagerEscape ArtistsDenver, COView DetailBadge Not RequiredTemporaryBrand AmbassadorWynkTucson, AZView DetailBadge Not RequiredPermanentAssistant Store ManagerCuraleafBradenton, FLView DetailBadge Not RequiredMarket Retail BuyerHolistic IndustriesPhiladelphia, PAView DetailBadge Not Required
- Lead the entire engineering team through management, inspiration, energy, passion, and mentorship.
- Develop the team to ensure quality end products.
- Design, implement, and monitor all operations and key performance metrics/operational efficiency for the engineering team.
- Develop procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained.
- Recruit, hire, and develop top engineering talent (grow the team from ~5-15 engineers in the first 9 months in the role).
- Build, develop, and manage the engineering team capable of carrying out initiatives.
- Recommend technological developments and improvements in efficiency.
- Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution.
- Prepare and optimize budgets. Communicate with executives and report to CEO & CFO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Assessing the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Company Sponsored Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short term disability insurance
- Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Corporate & Hybrid Work Environments
- Flexible work schedules with approval from management, based on business needs
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Location: Position is available in Denver, Co or remote availability.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to require vaccination as a condition of employment for any and all employees who access our Denver office. The Company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact People Ops.
- Several years of back-end software development experience.
- Experience scaling a similarly sized team (preferably in similar growth phase such as after Series A or Series B, or from ~5-15 engineers within one year).
- Clear career progression from software developer to product development management.
- Engineering or similar degree, or related professional experience.
- Previous working experience in software design and managing a team who develops user-facing, marketplace oriented, web-based software platforms.
- Highly experienced building on modern cloud-hosted infrastructure – Heroku, AWS, Azure, and/or Google.
- Ability to think strategically and see the big picture in a growing company.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Experience recruiting and hiring software engineers and contributors.
- Knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
- Strong verbal, visual, and written communication skills with the ability to explain approach to all levels in the organization, including key stakeholders.
- Recent hands-on experience in software architecture / coding (within the last 3-5 years).
- Track record scaling features and data strategy.
- Knack for advocating for the engineering team while “managing up” to the executive team.
- Ability to evaluate cost/benefits of different tech stacks, product integrations, infrastructure, and data warehousing strategies; and make recommendations for change.
- Preference for direct communication, setting clear goals, and reporting to hands-off management style executives.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience and background with SaaS and a hiring platform and/or a similar is a huge plus!
- Success scaling (while managing) a similarly sized product with realistic goals to 10x growth within a short period (currently ~60,000 users and 1,100 companies).
- Success managing a distributed / remote team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment with uncertainty.
- Familiarity with the company’s current tech stack and challenges, such as: Heroku; Ruby on Rails; React; Node; Salesforce CRM/ATS; HubSpot; building in the cloud – AWS, Google, Azure; data warehousing; ShapeUp methodology.
- Entrepreneurial experience / spirit and “grit”.
Bachelor’s Degree in relative field preferred, Master’s highly desirable
$200.00 - $230.00 / year
Vangst is the cannabis industry’s hiring platform. Vangst helps cannabis companies find the talent they need to grow their business. From on-demand gig workers to trained & credential full-time employees, Vangst has built the industry’s go-to talent marketplace for all cannabis hiring. Vangst is proud to work with 1,200+ of the cannabis industry’s leading businesses.
Since raising their seed round in 2018, Vangst has become one of the fastest growing companies in the cannabis industry and was recognized as one of Fast Companies most innovative companies.
Today, over 300,000 people have full-time jobs in the cannabis industry and this number is expected to triple over the next five years. Vangst is on a mission to fill every job in the cannabis industry.
Vangst’s headquarters is in Denver, CO. Vangst is a Series B company and backed by Lerer Hippeau, Colle Capital, Level One Fund, Snoop Dog’s Casa Verde Capital, and others.
Apply for this position