Our client is creating a better kind of cannabis company. Where they know happy plants begin with happy people. They aspire to high standards, take pride in their work, and drive for better results every day. At the greenhouse, their roots are growing flower, but they have branched out to offer an extensive range of cannabis products like edibles, topicals, and concentrates for retail dispensary locations. From farm to market, they are committed to the quality of their products and are always testing for patient and customer safety. By bringing together best practices from big agriculture, consumer packaged goods, and pharmaceutical and retail industries, this client is becoming one of the top cannabis companies to work for.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities of QA technicians include knowledge of standard methods and procedures related to the production, processing, packaging, labeling and storage of cannabis. QA personnel are also responsible for the approval and release of all cannabis batches prior to their sale to clients, as well as associated maintenance of complete and auditable batch records. In an effort to assure best manufacturing practices and product safety, the QA department additionally is empowered to initiate product recalls, investigate complaints related to quality, investigate quality issues within the facility, perform audits (internal and external) and assist in the training and skill development of employees in all departments.
- Understanding of all QA SOPs prior to their implementation;
- Keep and maintain an auditable batch record;
- Prepare, package and send promotional samples for dispensary locations;
- Prepare and send samples for third-party testing;
- Communicate with the third-party lab regarding any questions or concerns;
- Review third party lab results;
- Compile, approve and release batches for sale to clients;
- Initiate recall protocols;
- Investigate client complaints and returned product when related to the quality of the product, and initiate established corrective actions and remediation protocols;
- Work well, professionally, and effectively with fellow co-workers;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, and use of hands.
- Frequently requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push objects or materials.
- Frequently stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Must work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments.
- Observe, see, hear and respond to directions given with effective outcome.
- Lift 25-40 pounds from the floor to a waist-high table when necessary.
- Crouch & bend often;
- Stand for short/ high periods of time.
- Sit for short/ medium periods of time.
- Walk for short/high periods of time
- Occasionally sit on the floor or at floor level.
- Handle the responsibilities and routine stress often associated with this position;
· Working in a very hot greenhouse (100-105 degree heat). Must be comfortable in this type of environment while still doing physical labor
The QA Inspection Technician must be a critical thinker, detail-oriented, and be able to follow state regulations and company policies. Qualified applicants will also have intermediate experience with computers and MS Office suite. Having a scientific education is recommended, but not required. Ideal candidates possess the ability to fluidly express their thoughts and ideas to fellow coworkers, managers and state inspectors.
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Previous cannabis experience or equivalent GMP experience required;
- Experience with MS Office Applications preferred, but not required.
- Associate’s Degree in Life Sciences preferred, but not required.
· High School diploma or equivalent preferred;
About Copperstate Farms
At Copperstate Farms and Sol Flower, we’re creating a better kind of cannabis company. Where we know happy plants begin with happy people. We aspire to high standards, take pride in our work, and drive for better results every day. At the greenhouse, our roots are growing flower, but we’ve branched out to offer an extensive range of cannabis products like edibles, topicals, and concentrates for retail dispensary locations. From farm to market, we are committed to the quality of our products and are always testing for patient and customer safety. By bringing together best practices from big agriculture, consumer packaged goods, and pharmaceutical and retail industries, Copperstate is becoming one of the top cannabis companies to work for.
Apply for this position