The Production Planner is responsible for developing and managing production line schedules, tracking production progress to plan, identifying factors that affect schedule adherence, and coordinating planning process improvements. The production planner is responsible for meeting delivery requirements, planning for the best use of the plant’s productive capacity, and managing inventory levels. We are looking for an experienced professional to work closely with suppliers, production scheduling, finance, logistics and operations to forecast demand, plan, purchase, coordinate and manage the flow of people, equipment and raw materials to the various manufacturing sites, and ensure on-time shipments of finished goods to dispensaries.
This role will support implementation of process changes, system enhancements, proactively analyzing business needs, executing short, mid, and long-term plans to meet business objectives. The role will plan for production and packaging across all markets (Colorado, Massachusetts, Illinois, Oklahoma, Arizona, Florida, and expansion (up to additional 6 new markets in 2022)).
This position reports to the VP of Supply Chain and Production Management, is matrixed to other functional leaders within Manufacturing Operations and is a member of the Operations Team. The overall objective of this position is to prepare and execute production plans, coordinate and expedite the work flow across departments in conjunction with daily / weekly / monthly production schedules, and solve day-to-day operational issues to facilitate delivery of the overall manufacturing business plan.
The typical and expected job duties for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and organize production schedules. Responsible for the weekly planning cycle. This includes the analysis of the order and demand input, development of a weekly capacity constrained production plan by location, coordination of corrective/preventive actions, and communication.
- Plan and schedule workflow for each department according to established manufacturing sequences and lead times.
- Daily maintenance and management of the scheduling system to support operations.
- Interact with production management daily to resolve issues regarding manufacturing plan execution.
- Utilize MRP and planning tools to balance service and efficiency, adjusting production schedules to meet changes in demand or maintain production flow during unplanned events.
- Manage finished goods and work
-process inventories to stock targets, ensuring the production schedule maintains product availability. Identify constraints that may lead to product shortages and coordinate contingency plans.
- Follows inventory guidelines to determine appropriate inventory of items at the finished goods, work in progress (WIP) and item level.
- Review and analyze current demand and forecast data
- Provide maximum visibility to the production plan, replenishment needs, and potential issues by communicating across all functions to resolve issues that impact schedule performance.
- Create and maintain all procedures, reports and documentation related to a sustainable, effective production scheduling process. Maintain weekly metrics on production attainment to plan, variance from safety stock levels, and finished goods item level days of supply.
- Plan for raw material availability in conjunction with procurement team
- Analyze finish goods inventory levels, production receipts and forecast to determine monthly production buy within the planning cycle and vendors lead time.
- Ensure orders are placed timely that supports production lead times.
- Work in conjunction with the Production team to track and ensure finish goods deliveries are on schedule to meet company demands.
- Review and address delivery challenges that may consist of capacity constraints, raw material delays, late development issues and production issues from service providers.
- Review pertinent details/feedback with the team in an effort to gain resolution on delays that impact on
- Strive to maintain a high delivery fill rate to meet key product launch timelines.
- Complete status reports for production progress, work in process, and raw material inventory.
- Ensure accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments; resolve any discrepancies or issues
- Initiates continuous and effective communication across all necessary departments to understand demands, trends and challenges
- Works with the Production Team to develop risk mitigation and contingency planning strategies.
- Notifies Production Team of any issues and overdue material that may jeopardize on time deliveries to customers
- Identify areas of process improvement.
- Manage the information flow between Production and the Sales channels. Keep the Sales channels informed on product availability and production issues.
- Review and execute daily inquiries from Business Partners i.e. product availability and opportunities to expedite production.
- Ability to perform efficiently in a high pressure and fast
- Support special projects and key collaboration initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
-Key Results areas:
- Creation of plans that are executable and in line with productivity and service targets
- Inventory levels meet or exceed company targets
- Review and analyze production requirements in MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and production capacity to ensure on time response times and product availability
- Develop a deep understanding of the replenishment and production systems and processes including MRP, demand and capacity
- Resolve or escalate supply issues working with internal stakeholders as required. Manage exceptions.
- Share best practice and ideas with your team; involve cross
-functional teams as needed to achieve the most efficient ways of working
- Support development of training programs, manuals and methods of implementation to assure stable and best practice execution of planning
- Review and audit material lead times
- Ensure achievement of manufacturing commitments versus delivery.
No description provided.
No description provided.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a production planning/materials controls function in a manufacturing environment.
- Exceptional planning, time management and organizational skills are a must
- Proficient in mathematics
- Proficient in advanced analytics, including preparation and manipulation of large data sets.
- Advanced MS Excel skills including pivot tables and formulas.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications. Experience and familiarity with ERP / MRP and Planning systems.
- Professional certification in logistics or supply chain a plus
- Experience with reporting and analytics tools
- Proven Lean Manufacturing stewardship.
-versed in production procedures and ways to optimize them.
- Experience working in heavily regulated industries with government oversight.
- Experience with supplier contracts and payment terms.
- Behavioral Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal, oral & written communication skills
- Accuracy, analytical skills and attention to detail are required
- Team player, cooperative, fast
- Strong multitasking skills, proactive self
- Able to meet deadlines and exercise a high degree of judgment regarding related items.
- Highly organized and results
-driven with great analytical, problem
-solving and decision
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of the organization.
- Continuous improvement mentality!
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline (ideally in Logistics, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
About 1906 New Highs
1906 is revolutionizing self
-care one edible at a time. We created a new category of cannabis to amplify health and happiness, which quickly put us on top as the fastest
-growing brand in Colorado. We’ve innovated across R&D, manufacturing and marketing with breakthrough products that combine moderately
-dosed THC with medicinal plants and adaptogens. User
-friendly, portable and thoughtfully engineered, they deliver curated effects within 20 minutes—faster than any other edible on the market. The rapid
-onset formulations help users get the most out their days and nights, while staying pleasantly in control. We call it a toolkit for modern living. The industry calls it a giant leap forward.1906 is available in Colorado, Oklahoma, Illinois, Massachusetts and Arizona.
Apply for this position