Pioneering adult-use retail marijuana dispensary opening in East Boston, MA, searching for a self-motivated, experienced Retail Dispensary Manager.
Expected to open in the Spring, the dispensary will likely be the first adult-use store to open in Boston. The Retail Dispensary Manager candidate needs to demonstrate prior leadership in managing a retail store team. The ideal candidate will be fully trained by Berkshire Roots at our existing dispensary in Pittsfield, MA. Additionally, the candidate will help hire and train the East Boston staff. The Manager will need to apply knowledge of specific cannabis products, policies and procedures to the new store to ensure the high standards set by the company and the state regulatory requirements are met.
Applicants should have prior managerial experience, basic understanding of cannabis products, and retail store best practices.
The company expects the Retail Dispensary Manger to be “all-in”: dedicated, reliable and available. Motivated people who want to help build this dispensary from the ground up and who want to work directly with the CEO, retail management staff, law enforcement and local/state government officials are ideal candidates.
The Retail Dispensary Manager will be the face of the dispensary and the go-to person for the team. Additionally, the Retail Dispensary Manager will embrace continued education as it is related to the cannabis industry, be a team player, and have strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
· Excel, Outlook and Word proficiency
· Ability to learn, operate and administer software relating to inventory control/electronic tracking from seed-to-sale, point of sale and business operations, including the MA Virtual Gateway
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Attention to detail and ability to thrive in a challenging, constantly changing start-up environment
· Bi-lingual (Espanol)
· Customer / transaction problem-solving skills
· Ability to work long hours and maintain a high level of motivation/energy
· Team building/development skills, as well as the ability to set the overall tone for the store and lead by example
Specific operational responsibilities include:
· All store functions including opening, closing, staffing, training, merchandising, pricing, HR/employee relations and all day-to-day store activities
· Manage store operations including work scheduling, shift coverage, payroll tracking, employee benefits, policy and procedure updates, identifying efficiencies, agent/store compliance
· Responds to all agent, patient, patron, caregiver and vendor questions, concerns or suggestions and takes action when necessary to resolve conflict
· Maintain accurate records of all dispensary activities including patient/patron records, sales, and returns in accordance with the State of MA, CCC, HIPAA, and standards set forth by Berkshire Roots, Inc.
· Maintain high standards of merchandising presentation and store signage to maximize sales
· Ensure clean, organized, safe and hygienic facility at all times by enforcing established safety protocols
· Ensure that all relevant paperwork, including batch and customer records, is properly recorded and maintained and ongoing compliance and records required by OHA Medical Marijuana Dispensary Program is assured
· Implement, monitor and oversee the inventory flow, including the in-stock and ordering of merchandise and tracking product expiration dates
· Provide sales and inventory reports to the CEO on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
· Protects and secures all company assets, including store cash, product and accessories, and demonstrates the highest standard of integrity and ethics.
· Identify strategies to build on business growth and execute ideas to achieve a competitive advantage
· Continually monitor the industry for trends, the latest research, product changes, regulation changes, training opportunities, and new potential opportunities
· Align business goals to company value and growth strategies while tying them to team objectives
· Ensure a strong community presence that reflects the needs of our customers
· Fully supports and fosters an environment of teamwork and success
· Maintains a continuous state of alertness to fully ensure the highest level of safety and security for team members, patrons and patients, products, the store, and local community
· Liaise with law enforcement, local and state officials, vendors and local community
Applicants must be 21 or older. Compensation is contingent upon experience, commitment and ultimately, success. Please submit a resume and cover letter outlining the reasons you are the right person to help launch this facility.
Discriminatory Practices Prohibited
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the company are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The company complies with all Equal Employment Opportunities. Berkshire Roots, Inc., does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: Race, national origin or ethnic background; height and weight; credit rating or economic status; religious affiliation or beliefs; citizenship; marital status; civil partnership or number of children; age; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; security/background checks for certain religious or ethnic groups; U.S. military or veteran status; disability or medical condition; or questions and examinations.
English and Spanish (Required)
Briefly describe your cannabis knowledge and experience.
Paid time off