The Business Unit Analyst position is a mid-level position and is generally responsible for reporting all financial aspects of a Business Unit with an initial focus on merc/product and supply chain. . Responsibilities include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Position reports organization’s finances to managements and offers advice about resource utilization and assumptions underlying budgets/forecasts. This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks and works independently under general supervision receiving guidance on unusual complex problems or issues.
· Work closely with the Supply Chain, Merch/Product, Real Estate teams to track and report on strategic initiatives and synergies.
· Design predictive data models using statistical solutions.
· Manage the “Data lake”. Create ad-hoc reports and dashboards using SQL and PowerBI.
· Develop and manage regular key performance metrics reporting and tracking.
· Provide insights and root cause analysis to inform executive decision making and assist with daily operations.
· Build visualizations that help various stakeholders understand complex topics.
· Automate or streamline existing reporting and processes using powerful analytics tools.
· Anticipate new reporting / analytical needs as business needs evolve.
· Work closely with BI to create business applications and tools, drive adoption, and help create “one source of the truth” from a data standpoint.
SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Technical Skills: Comfortable with data and has experience using Excel, BI Tools and querying databases. Programming experience preferred, especially SQL, R or Python. Experience with PowerBI or Tableau is a plus.
· Problem Solving: Able to synthesize complex information into critical insights and eager to tackle tough problems.
· Curiosity: Willing to learn new skills and tools. Displays a natural curiosity and understands how to connect data and process.
· Communication: Able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
· Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests.
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree in STEM or a relevant field (Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Data Science)
· Minimum 2 years of work experience in an analytical setting
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work independently and under pressure
· Proficient in Excel, SQL and all Microsoft applications
· Familiarity with some programming language, preferably Python or R
· Six Sigma training or Project Management experience is a plus.
Working Conditions: (Schedule, Environment, Travel)
· Schedule will Vary Depending on the needs of the business (Nights, Weekends, Holidays included)
· Travel from 10-20% of total time: Based on company growth
Schwazze is committed to fairness and equality of opportunity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Paid time off
Business Analysis: 3 years (Preferred)
SRO: 1 year (Preferred)
Temporarily due to COVID-19