• Expected to keep up to date with IFRS and GAAP accounting principles and developments Provide leadership over key financial processes • Perform cash management activities including the maintenance and enforcement of treasury controls • Ensure intercompany transfers and transactions are processed timely and accurately • Improve financial management and reporting processes by evaluating and recommending improvements • Assist with developing company-wide accounting policies and procedures • Establish and maintain process documentation in a clear and concise manner • Prepare position and adoption memos on new or updated pronouncements • Oversee the company’s equity plan and administration systems Assistance with compliance activities • Work directly with the Controller and engaged vendors in the preparation, review and completion of tax filings • Coordinate projects and assign tasks to staff to ensure compliance and accuracy • Assist the Controller with meeting all prescribed financial reporting deadlines Other duties as assigned
Competencies • Displays High Integrity and Honesty • Technical/Professional Expertise • Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues • Drives for Results • Takes Initiative • Collaboration and Teamwork • Ability to perform analysis and present information in Excel and PowerPoint • Strong written and verbal communication skills • Partners with other company managers and staff members
No description provided.
• Active CPA license a plus
• Strong understanding of accounting principles and ability to apply such principles to a nascent industry required
• Public accounting and IFRS experience preferred
• 5-8 years of experience
• Experience with a cloud-based ERP a plus
• Ability to synthesize a fact pattern into a clear and concise message
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures
• Strong knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts
• Ability to act as a coach or mentor to facilitate learning and development from experience
• Ability to partner effectively and communicate respectfully across all lines of business • Works quickly and effectively with a focus on accuracy • Must be eligible to obtain an OLCC Marijuana Workers Permit • Interact with external auditors in completing the quarterly reviews and annual audits of the quarterly and annual financials and other CSE filings • Maintain the integrity of the accounting system and controls related to the general ledger and the close process • Work with the retail and cultivation inventory control teams to monitor, track and improve the inventory count (cycle count) process and inventory accuracy • Perform analysis of the general ledger to ensure the accuracy of transactions • Responsible for inventory cost accounting related activities including month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, standard cost setting, inventory management, and related overhead absorptions
No description provided.
Chalice Brands Ltd. (“Chalice”), is a premiere consumer-driven cannabis company specializing in production, processing, wholesale, distribution, and retail, with twelve dispensaries in Portland, Oregon. The Company is committed to developing a dynamic portfolio built around the recognized brands of Chalice Farms, with a focus on health and wellness. Markets served include Oregon, California, and Nevada. Chalice Brands Ltd. is a publicly traded company with shares listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE”) under the trading symbol “CHAL.CN” as well as the OTCQB under the trading symbol “GLDFF”.