The Cannabis Cultivation Assistant follows all direction given by the Cultivation Manager or Field Cultivation Lead to prepare fields and greenhouses for planting, plant clones in the field/greenhouse and continued care through and including harvest of mature plants according to Los Suenos cultivation schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists Greenhouse and Field Cultivation Lead with preparing for planting.
· Plants clones to designated field or greenhouse.
· Tends to field and/or greenhouse plants throughout the season including de-fanning, pest control, staking, weeding, etc.
· Assists with harvest of mature plants.
· Assists in other areas of the farm as necessary throughout the season.
· Follows all existing company policies and procedures.
· Additional duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Demonstrates the ability to quickly adapt to changing conditions.
· Report and assist in solving problems immediately.
· Ability to work well under pressure, such as when planting and harvesting.
· Exhibits the ability to work well with others.
· Displays the ability to handle multiple changes in activities throughout the week.
· Knowledge of Greenhouse, Field work, Landscape, Farming or other strenuous outdoor work.
· Knowledge of best practice working in a wide range of temperatures, sun, insects and ability to protect yourself and work safely.
· Current Colorado MED Occupational Badge and responsible for renewal.
· Must have reliable transportation and consistent, on time attendance.
Education and Experience
· Highschool diploma or GED.
· Previous grow experience preferred.
· Experience working with Cannabis preferred.
· Knowledge of Colorado MED regulations.
· Must be able to individually lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
· Reaching below waste and above shoulders, pulling leaves with gloved hands, using hand tools, bending, kneeling, twisting and stooping consistently throughout the workday.
· Working in a field or greenhouse with a wide temperature and humidity range is required.
· Working in muddy or wet conditions at times.
· Must have clear, verbal communication skills.
· Ability to handle stress while performing multiple tasks.
· Ability to work long hours and weekends may be required.
· Willingness and ability to wear gloves, mask, head protection, ear protection, sun protection, pest determent protection on a consistent basis.
Reasonable accommodation(s) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Outdoor and/or greenhouse working environments in a fast pace and highly regulated industry.
Commercial Cannabis Cultivation: 1 year (Preferred)
High school or equivalent (Required)